Yields 24-26 standard muffins
1. In a large bowl mix the following ingredients:
- 1 ripe banana
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups grated carrots
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2. In a separate bowl combine and mix:
- 3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Salt
3 TSP Cinnamon
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the mixed contents of the Large Bowl. When mixed thoroughly, spoon into muffin liners or pan 3/4 full. If you don’t use paper liners, give the pan a quick spray of Pam.
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 10 more minutes.
- To Omit Banana, increase Zucchini and Carrot to 3 full cups each.
- To Omit Oil, substitute applesauce or other pureed fruit or paste.
- Add a crumble-top by sprinkling brown sugar, white sugar or crushed walnuts atop the muffin batter before it goes into the oven.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil may be replaced with Coconut Oil or Butter.
- Cinnamon may be replaced with “pumpkin pie spice”.
- Add Raisins or Dehydrated Cranberries for a moister muffin.
- I used All-Purpose Enriched White Flour, but feel free to use whatever base powder you want. Oat and Rice powders are options.